All Green Bay East Side Youth Baseball players are encouraged to try out for The Green Bay Sluggers tournament teams. Please understand the “Tournament Teams” are designed for players who have a strong desire to learn and play baseball in a more competitive environment. The tournament program emphasizes developing players on the fundamental skills of baseball and helping these players continue to get better each year.
- All Sluggers tournament team players MUST play in the GBESYB League.
- There are teams available at every level from 7U through 12U. 7U and 8U will be machine pitch.
- Training may start after the GBESYB Fall League has completed. Most teams do not start training/practicing until January or later (coach’s discretion).
- The number of tournaments a team plays in is decided by the coaching staff (approximately 4 – 7 tournaments per year).
- Tournament season typically starts in May and runs through July.
- Tournaments are generally within an hour from Green Bay. Some tournaments may involve more travel.
- Each tournament will have its own schedule format. Most tournaments guarantee three games and possibly up to six depending on the number of teams registered. Tournaments may extend the entire weekend, Friday night through Sunday.
- Commitment to attending practices and tournaments is required (we do understand there are exceptions). Playing time is earned, not given.
- Typically, player fees range from $300 - $600, which includes uniforms, off-season training, and tournaments (additional travel expenses are possible).
- There are fundraising opportunities to help offset player fees associated with playing tournament baseball.
- Within three weeks after tryouts, players/parents will be contacted by the Sluggers coaching staffs in regards to their status on a team.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit will be made to Green Bay Sluggers when a player accepts a roster spot on a team. This deposit will go towards player fees or training.
- Please note, league and tournament baseball are very different. League is a recreational atmosphere focused on improvement and providing opportunities for players to experience different positions. Tournament baseball is a competitive atmosphere where kids are more likely to play positions that best help them grow as baseball players.
- We require each family to volunteer at our annual Sandlot tournament (each shift is about two hours long).
- If you do not sign up for shifts or fail to cover your shifts, your player will be ineligible to play the following season.
Any additional questions or comments can be sent to Mike Callahan.