Bambino Fall Ball Updates!
Due to the outstanding turnout for Fall Ball, we are in need of a couple more Head Coaches for the Bambino league so we can finalize our teams. If you are interested or able to be a head coach, please email me at email@example.com.
- We are hoping to have rosters set by the weekend and coaches should be notifying their parents/players sometime next week via email.
- Bambinos will play games on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting September 6th.
- Games will be held at Optimist South, Oakdale and Emilie Street.
Majors/Minors Fall Ball Updates!
- There is still room in the majors for players so if you know of someone that didn't sign up please have them contact us immediately for information.
- The draft was held for both Minors & Majors last night. Coaches should be notifying parents/players soon via email.
- Minors will play games on Mondays and Wednesdays at Optimist North & South.
- Majors will play games on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Optimist North & DeBroux.
- Games for both leagues will begin the week of September 5th (no games on Labor Day).
The Green Bay Eastside Youth Baseball Board will have some openings starting with the 2017 season. This is exciting news for anyone looking to become more involved in the behind the scenes operations of our baseball league. It takes work from many to make our league as successful as it is; in 2016 we had almost 500 children spend part of their summer playing baseball, having fun and making friends.
Last week the Board voted in our new president, Kent Klein, and our new vice-president, Eric Hunter thus opening up the positions they previously filled. We also have open positions due to players moving on to the next level and other changes in time commitments from individuals currently holding these spots.
The open positions that will need to be filled are: Player Agent, Secretary, Director of Concessions, Director of Fields, Director of Communications, Director of Majors, Director of Minors, Director of Bambino, and Director of T-Ball. The Director of Cal Ripken & Travel Baseball position will also be open. Even though Ed Gannon, the current director, is moving on, he is willing to stay to help the person moving in to this position.
Please see the by-laws for further information on these positions.
The league is always looking for your used equipment (helmets, gloves, bags, bats, etc.). Rather than donating to another organization or giving your old equipment away please consider donating it to the Green Bay East Side Baseball League. If you have items to donate please contact Sam LaViolette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you are out shopping for new equipment remember per Cal Ripken big barrel bats are NOT allowed. Bats need to be 2 1/4 and not longer then 33 inches. BPF cannot be greater then 1.15.